APPLICATIONS FOR THE CURRENT WEEK ARE REVIEWED FRIDAYS.UNLESS THERE IS A DELAY... which we'll typically announce. There are no application cycles in Smash! Send in applications whenever you want.
Note: We do not review apps in chronological order, but last-minute applications submitted at the buttcrack of midnight Friday might not get reviewed until the following week, so please be patient.
If you want to make sure no one else apps the character you are thinking of, head on over to the reserves first.
Before you apply or hit "post"...
- Read our rules. Acceptable Series, FAQ and Premise couldn't hurt either.
- Take a look at our application guidelines! This outlines what we expect in an application, and gives some inspiration and pointers if you're having trouble!
- Look at the taken list to make sure the character you want isn't already taken.
- Copy and use the application form that fits your character, whether they are returning, getting an update, or are brand new.
- Spell check, spell check, spell check.
- You may post a link to your application or post it in comment chunks. DW has a maximum character limit of 16,000 per comment, so that's quite generous and you'll probably be able to fit your app in just one or two comments! Here is a handy character count checker to see if that's the case.
- You may rehash old applications or samples so long as YOU are the one that wrote them. We may ask for a new, more setting-applicable sample, or if we are unclear on the character's voice/personality, however. If you plagiarize, you will be banned.
- Pokemon are allowed only two per player, and no more than three of the same kind at the same time.
This is for new characters!
Before you fill this out, and especially if you want to do a complete Character Relationship reboot, remember to talk with your canonmates! Fill this as soon as you can so we know everyone's canon standings, and any extra information that might be needed.
As always, everything will be taken on a case-to-case basis!
This is if you want to reapp a character you formerly played in Smash (and they currently aren't being played by anyone else)!